For over three decades, nonprofits, social enterprises, foundations, school districts and government agencies have trusted our team to write winning grant proposals. We have clients across the country, and no matter where you are, we can help you write a winning grant proposal.
Why choose JVA for grantwriting?
- Our track record of success in grantwriting is unmatched in the Intermountain West. In fact, since our 1987 inception, we have helped our grantwriting clients raise over $1 billion, nearly $44 million of it in the past two years alone.
- You’ll not only have a primary liaison, you will have a team at your disposal. You don’t need to worry about your grantwriter being sick or on vacation when a key opportunity presents itself. And you will benefit from the breadth of knowledge of our team members who have worked with different types of funders.
- Our process, honed over the years, consistently yields successful results for our clients.
- The proof is in the pudding. For our recent and current annual clients, the return on investment (ROI) ranges from 673% to 2,793%, averaging between 1,400% and 2,000%.
- We bring cross-disciplinary and outsider perspectives.
Products and services
We are conversant on nearly every funding topic imaginable, and we are fluent in the language of funder—making our grant proposals competitive year after year. Our grantwriters will partner with you to develop a competitive grant proposal that highlights how your expertise and big ideas will change the world.
JVA has written successful grant proposals to every major funder in Colorado over the last decade, including proposals to the following local and national funders in just the past three years:
- Adams County Community Foundation
- Angela Foundation
- Anschutz Family Foundation
- Anschutz Foundation
- Avon Foundation
- A.V. Hunter Trust
- Buell Foundation
- Bloomberg Philanthropies
- Cancer League of Colorado
- Caring for Colorado
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- City of Denver
- City of Boulder
- Colorado Cancer Coalition
- Colorado HIV and AIDS Prevention
- Colorado Creative Industries
- Colorado Department of Education (CDE)
- Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS)
- CDHS—Tony Grampsas Youth Services (TGYS)
- CDHS—Promoting Safe and Stable Families (PSSF)
- Colorado Office of Behavioral Health (OBH)
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE)
- Colorado Health Foundation
- Colorado Health Access Fund
- Colorado Office of Budgeting—Call for Innovation
- Colorado Victims of Crime Act Program
- The Colorado Trust
- Colorado Garden Foundation
- Community First Foundation
- Coors Foundation
- Daniels Fund
- Delta Dental of Colorado Foundation
- Denver Active 20-30
- The Denver Foundation
- Dollar Literacy
- Denver Regional Council of Governments
- El Pomar Foundation
- Enterprise Foundation
- Epic Promise
- Episcopal Health Foundation
- Firehouse Subs
- Foothills United Way
- Gates Family Foundation
- Great Outdoors Colorado
- Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA)
- Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS)
- Susan G. Komen Foundation
- Lane Foundation
- Madigan Foundation
- McInnes Charitable Trust
- Mile High United Way
- NextFifty Initiative
- North Face
- Paul M. Angell Foundation
- Colorado Restorative Justice Council
- Rose Community Foundation
- Rose Youth Foundation
- Scientific and Cultural Facilities District
- Schlessman Family Foundation
- Schramm Foundation
- Sunoco Energy
- Telligen Community Initiative
- Telluray Foundation
- Urban Land Institute
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. Department of Labor
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Virginia Hill Foundation
- Walton Family Foundation
- Wells Fargo
Our skilled grantwriting team
Each of our grantwriters has extensive experience in transforming your ideas into successful grant proposals—and each has secured millions of dollars in grants. Clients frequently comment that our grantwriters are both personable and professional. We want you to view us as your partner in developing a successful grant proposal.
“I told our folks here that it had been an incredible pleasure to work with JVA. What a difference from the grant writers we had before JVA! In fact, I don’t know that I have ever worked with a grant writer this good—and I have worked with the best of them. Janine, what a great team you have built! We are so fortunate to have you all.”
Our client experience
We have also built a very rewarding relationship with JVA’s grantwriting team. Because they took the time to understand our business model and what we wanted to achieve in the community, they write grants with heart because they understand our passion.
JVA needs no more grantwriting business, it’s all mine!
JVA has been the city’s grantwriting consultant for over five years and has been a steadfast strategic partner for our grant program. Without JVA, I’m convinced the city’s grant program would not be where it is today. They have met us where we are and matured and evolved with us over the life of our partnership, and I’m enthusiastically confident about where we’ll go together next!
Janine and her staff sincerely care about working hard in order to achieve success for us in grantwriting. They understand how nonprofits work and the importance of obtaining grant funding. But they also understand the world of grantors—whether they are private, national or government entities. They know how to vet opportunities and ensure we are a good ‘fit’ with the particular focus areas of a grant, and then to provide a candid opinion in regard to a probability of being awarded. This is vitally important as we have long believed that in order to achieve sustainability for our organization, we do not chase the money. We want to sustain our programs and the work we do to fulfill our mission. So finding the right fit is essential and allows us to support our work continuously.
Please accept my heartfelt THANKS for your work and thoughtful contributions, both personally and professionally, to the completion of this application. What a wonderful and professional piece of work! We were all stretched by this project, its very tight time lines and the need for collaboration. This teamwork will be a lasting memory for me. As our nation and the entire world struggles to find solutions to human kindness and respect for all peoples, may this project actually come to fruition and be blessed as an example of how people can truly help other people! Again, many thanks to you and the JVA team.
Working with JVA has been incredibly beneficial to our institution not only fiscally but also because we have powerful story-telling material that we can use again. The team was professional, fast, asked critically astute questions, and brought us across the finish line for a few very complicated and important grants.
I’ve also read through the entire grant application narrative and it looks wonderful. You have done a stellar job in bringing this entire project to a strong closure. Thank you so much for your insight and ability to do so.
JVA has been instrumental in helping not only focus our energy into areas that are a good match for our services but has helped us think expansively into areas that the community needs. We’re excited about the prospects of serving our community even better because of their help.
I consider JVA a key partner in the success of my organization.
I appreciate the diligence and time you spent with us learning more about our vision and mission. The strategic focus is starting to root with the staff, and I feel confident that our grant submissions will have great legitimacy and credibility as a result. You have clearly captured who we are, what we do, and why in a very concise and articulate way. Thank you!
Working with JVA is one of the best consulting relationships I’ve had. The staff is extremely flexible to meet our needs, and executes work of the highest caliber.
Trainings and events
We provide a variety of grantwriting trainings and events to help you learn how to position your organization effectively and to craft winning grant proposals for your organization.
Additionally, all of our evaluation trainings will help you demonstrate to funders that you know how to measure impact.