Marshall Vanderburg, MPA
Marshall Vanderburg brings over 35 years of experience to his position as Joining Vision and Action’s operations director. He has also worked extensively in local government with customer and project management efforts and as a volunteer leader in economic and community development endeavors in Denver.
Additionally, Marshall has worked directly with JVA clients on strategic business planning and grantwriting, including providing like-services for organizations he volunteers for. He is passionate about finding the best solutions for JVA clients, staff and community organizations.
Marshall’s wide-ranging JVA work includes:
- Managing billables and payables
- Overseeing human resources including employee benefit and retirement programs
- Directing and managing technology, including data management and project tracking systems
- Overseeing the development and implementation of a Comprehensive Organizational Assessment tool—a software database that assesses nonprofit organizations
- Writing grants for multiple clients, including community organizations such as the Federal Boulevard Partnership and Business Improvement District, raising over $700,000.
Before joining JVA, Marshall worked for 16 years for the City and County of Denver. His work served the City Council, the mayor’s office and Community Planning and Development. After leaving the City and before joining JVA, Marshall worked for several years for a firm specializing in providing software to track and manage local government regulatory programs including property, community planning, permitting, inspection and licensing processes.
Marshall has a B.S. in environmental design from the University of Oklahoma and a master’s in public administration from the University of Colorado Denver.
Marshall is a longtime Denver community activist. He is president of the Federal Boulevard Partnership and the Federal Boulevard Business Improvement District. The business district is a self-supporting, state-created special tax district to fund and manage economic and community development along Federal Boulevard.
Marshall is an avid winemaker, cook and gardener and a passionate collector of Airedale terrier historic memorabilia.