Amount: $10,000-$100,000 (typical grant size: $35,000-$75,000)
Since established in 2000, the three global PIMCO Foundations have granted more than $49 million to support nonprofit organizations worldwide. In 2018, the PIMCO Foundation solidified its major funding priorities, which continue to be centered around:
- Alleviating world hunger through the launching and strengthening food banks;
- Moving the needle on gender equality and educational outreach, including financially supporting women-owned networks as well as engaging in advocacy efforts to work collaboratively with organizations such as CAMFED, GirlUp, Room to Read, and SHE-CAN;
- Providing disaster relief;
- Addressing growing issues of homelessness; and
- Leveraging resources so that college & career preparation courses and 1:1 mentoring are much more readily available (particularly for high school students who come from from low-income families).
Nonprofit organizations whose work helps to vastly improve one or more of the following programmatic areas:
- Early childhood development;
- Economic and workforce development;
- Gaining increased access to Higher Education; and
- Housing & other social services.
Amber Skalsky, Vice President