Joining Vision and Action
Action without vision is only passing time, vision without action is merely day dreaming, but vision with action can change the world. Nelson Mandela
Joining Vision and Action (JVA) is a Colorado-based social enterprise that works with clients across the United States. Our mission? Helping and inspiring social changemakers to succeed, sustain and scale.
To do that, we help our clients assess community needs, develop strategies and business plans, create fundraising plans, write grant proposals, recruit the right leadership, train up everyone on the team, help nonprofits tell their stories, and evaluate and measure their impact. Read more about us at joiningvisionandaction.com.
JVA is currently recruiting for an experienced project-based grantwriter to develop government and foundation grant proposals and responses to requests for proposals; and to content review proposals written by others (paid per project, with project fees dependent upon size and scope of project—see more below)
JVA is looking for an energetic, dynamic person who cares passionately about using their strategic, analytical and writing skills to advance the work of those in the social sector by helping them raise needed funding for community and social change.
If you have wanted to use your strategic and analytical skills, and your stellar command of the written word as a primary vehicle to tell stories of community change and convince funders where their money is worth investing, this may be the position you’ve been waiting for. You can work flexible hours in a largely project-based role and for the equivalent of 40/hours per week.
- Grant proposals that are funded for our clients and their programs through government, foundation and corporate entities
- New grant writing clients that come to JVA because they’ve heard of the amazing results our grant writers produce, and return clients who come back because they’ve found JVA consistently hands them grant wins time after time
Nature of the work
The work will include a combination of the following:
- Write clear, compelling and articulate grant proposals to local, national and corporate foundations, as well as to local, state and federal granting agencies
- Meet and communicate with clients to understand their programs so you can write a persuasive argument for funding for each grant
- Help clients strategize and position their organizations and programs for funding in a highly competitive environment
- Facilitate meetings with clients and partners to obtain consensus on key elements of proposals
- Create, review and advise on writing budgets and budget narratives
- Create, review and advise on any type of attachment requested with a grant application
- Assist clients with the submission of their grant proposals, including navigating grants.gov and other grant submission websites
- Manage repeat clients by serving as lead liaison between their organization and JVA, including hosting regular strategy calls and providing grant seeking advice
- Experience with federal grant writing a plus
- Research all types of grant funding sources, including databases and online resources, to find opportunities that match with a client’s needs and priorities
- Provide critical analysis as to how a funder’s priorities and values are aligned with a client’s needs
- Consult with clients on funding research results and next steps in their grant seeking process
- Provide monitoring of new funding opportunities as they are released from the federal, state and foundation level
- Manage a portfolio of ongoing clients, as well as work with and cultivate one-time clients, as relevant
- In addition to the strategic support and positioning provided for any specific grant, provide ongoing, relevant and informed strategic advice to clients on their overall grant seeking work
- Provide ongoing and consistent customer service that is client-centric and exceptional—and leads to high client satisfaction and repeat engagements
Key characteristics/skills sought
What we’re looking for:
- A deep passion for, and commitment to, community and social change
- Remarkable writing skills that can be adjusted to suit highly technical proposals as well as grants that require more storytelling approaches
- A track record of not only successfully writing and submitting grants, but being awarded grants (six figure awarded grants and above a plus)
- Strong strategic and analytical skills to best position our clients for success; strong research skills
- Strong interviewing abilities in order to gather all the information necessary to write a compelling proposal
- A strong attention to detail and organizational skills that ensure every grant is submitted correctly and according to the funder’s guidelines, every time
- Strong focus on customer service that champions our clients and their missions, including willingness to push both themselves and their clients to achieve the best product possible
- Good understanding of the grant seeking and writing landscape, including best practices and new resources, on both the foundation and federal levels
- Someone who loves being part of a tight-knit team and who can skillfully blend their talents and perspectives with a success-proven grantwriting process and a highly collaborative group of grantwriters and other field experts, as appropriate—the perfect fit for this position will see this both as an expectation and as a benefit
The stuff you want to know:
Flexibility: While located in the Denver area is desired, remote work is available.
Project-based schedule: Meaning you choose what projects to work on based on your schedule
Steady Workflow: Up to 40 hours/week!
Access to a team of other excellent grant writers (and evaluation experts … something that solo grant writers don’t usually have)
Status: This is full-time project-based employment, with payment amounts per project dependent on the scope and duration of the project. Expected range per project ($250-$3500) Hours are flexible as long as client’s needs are consistently being met.
Location: Metro Denver. JVA is a Colorado-based company with team members in metro Denver, Colorado Springs, the western slope of Colorado, Chicago and Houston.
Competitive Pay and Benefits: Benefits will be provided at the equivalent of 40 hours/week and will include health and dental insurance, three weeks paid time off and a 401K plan with employer match after 1,000 hours of employment. (a perk from just being an independent contractor)
We care about this: JVA is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusiveness. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Interested? Terrific! We’re excited to hear from you. Here’s how to apply:
- First, get your cover letter Write us a cover letter that tells us why you’re interested and that addresses each point in “here’s what we’re looking for” and that lists three professional references who can give us more insight into how you are that person who is a great fit for this position.
- Get your resume Include a list of awarded grant proposals, agencies and amounts.
- Get up to three grant writing samples together that show us that you can write a compelling argument for funding. If you have both foundation and federal grant writing experience, please send us an example of both.
- Fill out our short online application, and upload your cover letter, resume and writing samples. https://form.jotformpro.com/72286255753968
- Hit “SUBMIT”
Woohoo! You’re done. We’ll be in touch soon.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://form.jotformpro.com/72286255753968 →