- This event has passed.
6-Day Social Enterprise Basecamp
August 16, 2018 @ 9:00 am - August 17, 2018 @ 4:30 pm| $449
Social Enterprise: Where Mission and Money Converge
Do you feel passionate about a cause but unsure how to make an impact? JVA’s Social Enterprise Basecamp is a six-day training designed to help you unlock the power of the marketplace to advance your social and environmental goals. With interactive facilitation and practical, on-the-ground advice from experienced leaders in the field, Basecamp equips you with the essential tools and strategies for success in your social enterprise.
Meet the Trainer
Director of Business and Strategic Planning
The first two days in will serve as a foundational introduction to the material. These are followed by four consecutive monthly meetups. Dates are as follows:
- August 16-17
- September 21
- October 19
- November 16
- December 14
The first two days are full-day sessions and will run from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The following monthly meetups are half-day sessions, running from 9 a.m. to Noon.
Who should attend?
Social Enterprise Basecamp is perfect for you if you want to start a social business, you have an existing business you want to instill with social purpose, or you run a nonprofit that wants more sustainable funding streams.
Here is a taste of the Social Enterprise Basecamp’s dynamic, informative curriculum:
Fundamentals of Social Enterprise
- Explore BEST PRACTICES and case studies in social enterprise
- Learn how to balance MISSION and MARGIN
Market Research & Product Development
- Identify your TARGET MARKET and research your COMPETITORS
- Determine your REVENUE MODEL
Finances, Structure & Personnel
- Sharpen your FINANCIAL LITERACY and develop a start-up budget
- Choose the appropriate LEGAL STRUCTURE for your enterprise
Operations & Marketing
- Hone your PITCH to potential investors and partners
- Develop your MARKETING PLAN
Presentation & Graduation
- Create a roadmap for navigating your WORK/LIFE BALANCE
- SHARE YOUR BUSINESS MODEL with a team of social enterprise experts