- This event has passed.
Social Enterprise Basecamp
November 2 @ 9:00 am - November 3 @ 4:00 pm| $449
Do you feel passionate about a cause but unsure how to make a sustainable impact?
Are you starting a new venture but aren’t sure whether to incorporate as a nonprofit or a for-profit?
Do you want to see your nonprofit develop its own source of unrestricted income?
Whether you’re with an established organization or founding a startup, whether you’re representing a 501(c)(3) or an LLC, JVA’s Social Enterprise Basecamp will show you how to align people, planet and profit in the creation of a successful enterprise.
Basecamp combines engaging, interactive facilitation with practical, on-the-ground advice from experienced leaders to equip you with essential tools and strategies for success in your social enterprise. This training is set up in a series format over the course of several months. The first two days in November 2017 will serve as a foundational introduction to the material, as well as your fellow Basecamp attendees (and new networking resources!). The following four sessions will be topical and take place once per month into the spring of 2018. See below for the full schedule and curriculum overview.
Dates and Times:
- Thursday and Friday, November 2 and 3 | 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Friday, December 8 | 9 a.m. – Noon
- Friday, January 12 | 9 a.m. – Noon
- Friday, February 9 | 9 a.m. – Noon
- Friday, March 9 | 9 a.m. – Noon
- Explore BEST PRACTICES and case studies in social enterprise
- Learn how to balance MISSION AND MARGIN
- Identify your TARGET MARKET and research your COMPETITORS
- Determine your REVENUE MODEL
- Sharpen your FINANCIAL LITERACY and develop a start-up budget
- Choose the appropriate LEGAL STRUCTURE for your enterprise
- Hone your PITCH to potential investors and partners
- Develop your MARKETING PLAN
- Create a roadmap for navigating your WORK/LIFE BALANCE
- SHARE YOUR BUSINESS MODEL with a team of social enterprise experts
Register below. Please note that while your ticket will only indicate the first two-day session of the series, it does include the sessions that follow. Make sure you mark your calendar for all six dates and times. Questions? Connect with our director of social enterprise, Adam Brock, for more information!