Amount: $100,000 max
The purpose of this program is to provide financing options that meet the unique needs of small water and wastewater facilities serving rural communities or areas with populations of 10,000 or fewer. This program will provide low-cost loans for short-term repair costs, small capital projects, or predevelopment costs associated with larger projects.
Eligible projects include:
- Predevelopment/planning costs for infrastructure projects
- Replacement equipment, system upgrades, maintenance, and small capital projects
- Energy efficiency projects to lower costs and improve system sustainability
- Disaster/emergency recovery
Eligible project categories include:
- Line extension
- Predevelopment costs
- Other capital project costs
Priority will be given to energy efficiency upgrades to reduce costs and improve system sustainability.