You have a right to privacy, and we respect that right. Joining Vision and Action (JVA) will never sell or give your email address or any other information to any third party. We just won’t.
How your information is collected
We collect limited personal information (including some or all of the following: name, email address, organization, title, zipcode, and how you heard about JVA), as well as your preferred format (HTML or plain-text) to receive emails, through a handful of ways.
Below is a list of those collection points and the subsequent use of that information:
- If you sign up for our weekly newsletter via our website or Facebook page, your email address will be added to our mailing list only after you confirm your subscription per a follow-up email. Your email address is the only required field to be added to our mailing list.
- If you register for any of our public trainings or events, we will add your email address to our mailing list.
- If you sign up to receive a white paper, an e-book or any other resources that JVA makes available on our website, we will add your email address to our mailing list.
- If you are one of our clients, we will add your email address to our mailing list.
- If you reach out via our website’s Contact JVA form, we will use your name and email address to answer your inquiry. We will not add you to our email list without your expressed consent.
If you are below the age of 13, we are prohibited by law from collecting any information from you. We are thrilled that you are interested in the work we do and hope you continue to want to make the world a better place.
- Identity verification for logged-in users or commenters
- Items added, and changes to those items, when utilizing our online shopping cart
Again, no personal information is gathered through the use of these cookies.
Finally, we collect payment information via our secure, third-party processor, Authorize.net, to process online orders or client invoices. Information that is retained and accessible to JVA (via authorized staff only) includes the purchaser’s name, date of purchase, what was purchased and the last four digits of your card number. JVA does not have access to full account numbers or card information at time of purchase or any point moving forward.
How your information is used
Outside of the payment processing as outline above, we will use your name, organization name (if applicable) and the email address you give us in order to send you emails. That’s it.
These emails may include:
- Our weekly newsletter, the JVA 411.
- Special events, promotions or information. In addition to our weekly newsletter, we may occasionally send you an email inviting you to a special event or letting you know about something pertinent to the nonprofit, government or social enterprise sectors. You may also receive an email alerting you to any new products or product promotions.
- Training updates and follow-up. If you have signed up for a class, we will send you an email confirming that you have signed up for a class. We may send you a reminder of the class. If the class has to be postponed, canceled or rescheduled for some reason, we will send you an email. We may send an email asking you to evaluate the class.
You may receive emails from our email marketing service, MailChimp, or you may receive emails directly from our staff. You can opt-out or unsubscribe to any of these mailings at any time. No hard feelings. Please use the “manage my subscriptions” link at the bottom of any of our MailChimp mailings or please reply to any of our emails with your contact preferences.
How, and for how long, your information is stored
Any of the limited personal information that you provide is stored and secured though our MailChimp account. As outlined above, Joining Vision and Action uses your information to send you relevant information about nonprofit and social sector news and resources. Given the ongoing nature of this, we will continue to keep your contact information on file until you opt-out or unsubscribe.
For online orders and invoices, transactional data is stored indefinitely through our secure, third-party payment processor.
Who you can reach out to for more information
Thank you for taking a moment to read this important information and for your interest in Joining Vision and Action.