Joining Vision and Action applauds society’s changemakers, and we want to do all we can to support you in pursuing your goals. On the menu at left (and below) you’ll find links to several resources we hope will be helpful to your organization. Let us know what you think!
The Funding Opportunities page provides updates on the latest grant opportunities JVA’s team has uncovered through our ongoing research. Each entry includes the grant deadline, background information and a link to the funder’s website for further information.
Post a Job for Good provides a form that organizations can complete to advertise (for free!) their open positions in the areas of community and social change. Jobs may be in the public or private sector. Those jobs are posted on JVA’s job board at Find a Job for Good.
Reports and Publications is where you will find examples of JVA’s work that our clients have given us permission to share. So, check out the Women’s Foundation of Colorado Strategic Plan, the Arapahoe County Community Needs Assessment, JVA’s report on food waste for the Natural Resources Defense Council, and many other reports we’ve created on behalf of our valued partners in change. It’s a great window into the work we do every day (and it’s kind of inspiring!).
From the menu at left you can also sign up for our newsletter, JVA 411, or review your account.
Below you’ll also find links to a few of JVA’s nonprofit and social enterprise tools, templates and other resources to further help support you and your organization. The list is evolving, and we hope to continue adding more useful tools. Got some ideas on what we should include? Send us a note!
Communications and marketing
- Changing the Narrative. Rose Community Foundation’s awareness and communications campaign to create a more just, inclusive and age-integrated Colorado.
- The Diversity Style Guide (SFSU Center for Integration and Improvement of Journalism)
- Media Relations blog series (JVA)
Planning and facilitation
- 12-Week Plan (Excel)
- Social Enterprise Alliance. The champion and key catalyst for the development of the social enterprise sector in the United States.
- Secrets of a Successful Social Entrepreneur (JVA blog post)
- Top 5 Traits of Successful Social Enterprises (JVA blog post)
- The One Thing a Social Enterprise Must Never Do (JVA blog post)
- Silicon Valley Syndrome: Creating a Socially Valuable Start-Up (JVA blog post)
Some websites we follow
- The Stanford Social Innovation Review. Innovative ways that organizations are using and adapting business strategies to advance social and environmental wellbeing.
- Nonprofit Quarterly. News for nonprofits on philanthropy, fundraising, governance and policy.
- The Guardian’s Sustainable Business Section. Covering the social and environmental impacts of business.
- TriplePundit. Reporting on the triple bottom line and sustainable business news.