Director of Operations
Marshall Vanderburg brings over 30 years of experience to his position as Joining Vision and Action’s operations director. Marshall manages accounts payable and receivable, human resources, and building and facility needs, including technology involving the network, data management and computers. He has also worked extensively with local government, in client and project management and as a leader in economic and community development efforts in Denver.
Additionally, Marshall has worked directly with JVA clients on strategic business planning and grantwriting, raising over $500,000 for clients and organizations for which he volunteers. He is passionate about finding the best solutions for JVA clients and staff.
Marshall’s wide-ranging JVA work includes:
- Managing building renovations for JVA’s new Changemakers co-working space
- Implementing a new accounting tracking system
- Leading a business planning effort for Jefferson County Open Space to determine the future improvement and use for Baehrden Lodge
- Leading a JVA team in the revision of its Comprehensive Organizational Assessment—a software database tool that assesses nonprofit organizations
- Writing grants for the Federal Boulevard Partnership, which secured $130,000 to create and support a Business Improvement District and meet transportation needs
Before joining JVA, Marshall worked for 16 years for the City and County of Denver. His work served the City Council, the mayor’s office and Community Planning and Development. After leaving the City and before joining JVA, Marshall worked for several years for a firm specializing in providing software to track and manage local government regulatory programs including property, community planning, permitting, inspection and licensing processes.
Marshall has a B.S. in environmental design from the University of Oklahoma and a master’s in public administration from the University of Colorado Denver.
Marshall is a longtime Denver community activist. He is president of the Federal Boulevard Partnership and the Federal Boulevard Business Improvement District. The latter is a self-supporting, state-created special tax district to fund and manage economic and community development along Federal Boulevard.
Marshall is an avid winemaker and gardener and a passionate collector of Airedale terrier historic memorabilia.