You want to know more about who your donors are, what they are thinking and, most importantly, how to engage them in giving to your organization.
Even under normal circumstances, let alone in a crisis, you may not feel like you can spend the time or effort it would take to create or implement a targeted donor engagement strategy, when you’ve got a mile-long to-do list, programs to run, meetings to facilitate, staff to support and a community to serve. Adding to that, while you understand the benefits of better engaging and communicating with your donors, you just don’t have the time to sort and sift through all the resources and information out there.
We get it. We want you to be able to focus on what you do best and what matters most: keeping your organization humming like a well-oiled machine. So we take the guesswork out of “where do I even start?” and give you a clear, customized and implementable plan. We’ve taken our decades’ worth of experience working with clients, researching and analyzing what has worked best, and creating road maps and tools to help you spend less time to make more money.
Here are the main elements of our donor engagement services:
- Strategy. You can’t know where you’re going if you don’t know where you’ve been and where you are, so we start with a careful review of what you’ve done before, how well it has worked and what your resources are for moving forward. From here, we develop a set of resources and recommendations that are customized to your needs.
- Implementation. Once you know where you’re going, how do you get there, and what, specifically, will you do and when? We’ll help you develop the action plans and supporting tools to start launching into the world and increasing donor involvement.
You may be thinking “sounds great, but what does that actually look like?” JVA can provide any or all of the following catered to your specific needs (see below for more details on each):
- Analysis of current donors
- Action planning for donor engagement
- Content review of your marketing materials
- Development and design of new marketing materials
- Training of staff and/or board
If that seems like a lot of options, it is! There are tons of ways JVA can serve you, but they have to do just that … serve you.
Quick Consult—Donor Engagement
To help determine your best option, we recommend starting with an initial background review and consultation call—our Donor Engagement Quick Consult—to determine next steps. Here’s what’s included:
- Background review. You share the information you currently have (e.g., donor databases, donor outreach plans or materials, etc.), and we will review it and provide tailored recommendations.
- One-on-one consultation. We’ll spend up to 90 minutes with you sharing our insights and discussing recommendations, along with answering any specific questions you have regarding your best path forward.
- Bonus resources. With hundreds of training curricula, process spreadsheets and other materials in our internal library, we’ll also pass along whatever additional information or handouts we can to help you move forward.
If you’re ready to increase your donor engagement, we’re ready to get started. Click on the button below to purchase your initial consultation. Even if you do nothing else, we know you’ll find value in starting the process and walk away with more ideas and “ahas” on how to move forward. We can’t wait to work with you and help bring more donations through your door!
More about our donor engagement products and services
- Analysis of current donors. Who are your donors? How and where do they like to give? What can we do to maximize giving within a donor profile? These (and more) are all questions we can explore by looking at your current donor database and then making recommendations about how to move forward to best support a specific program or your organization as a whole. We can provide a range of feedback from high-level insights to detailed evaluation, as well as help you learn more through additional research strategies such as donor surveys, one-on-one interviews and more.
- Action planning for donor engagement. When you know who your donors are and what your ask of them is, that is the time to get moving. We can create a plan for both the short and long term that maps out who to target, when to reach out and how frequently, what information to share and how to say it, who will be responsible and how you will track your outcomes.
- Content review of your marketing materials. If you already have a set of collateral (i.e., email templates, a case statement, an annual report or other promotional material) that could use a bit of “sprucing up” to make it more effective and to increase branding consistency, we can use our communications and copywriting expertise to elevate your donor messaging.
- Development and design of new marketing materials. If you don’t have collateral pieces already developed, our communications and graphic design staff will work with you to develop new items that can be shared across various platforms (i.e., social media, email, print, etc.) and are targeted toward a specific audience or outcome.
- Training of staff and/or board. Creating a culture of fundraising can be one of the most important steps to increasing your organization’s financial success. We have tons of tips and tools (e.g., the Messaging Triangle, ABC’s of Donor Cultivation, etc.) that we can share with your team in an individualized session to boost your team’s awareness and effectiveness when engaging with current and future donors.
Have a question? Reach out to Nora, our director of strategic planning and communications. She’d love to hear from you!